Meet Samantha Brown
Samantha Brown is a globe-trotter and television host who has visited 220 cities in 49 countries and aims to share the joy of seeing the world. When it comes to travel, her motto is: "If I can do it, you can do it." These days Brown does it with a family. Twins Ellis and Elizabeth were born in January 2013 and were on their first plane at age 2 months.
Brown initially aspired to be an actress and fell into her travel career accidentally; a producer spotted her work in a commercial and recommended her to the Travel Channel, where she spent a decade hosting various series. As AARP travel ambassador, she hopes to share practical tips and cultural insight, and build a community of resources for 50-plus travelers. She also blogs regularly on her website, Samantha-Brown.com. Scroll through the slides to see a few places Samantha Brown recommends visiting.Nathaniel Welch / Redux
With a collection that boasts over 450,000 pieces, Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts is not to be missed. Go on a Wednesday afternoon for reduced admission.Kim Grant / Getty Images
No trip to New York would be complete without seeing the largest art museum in the country. Set aside an afternoon for this one. Or perhaps the whole day.Doug Pearson / Getty Images
For the ultimate indulgence, go for a full body treatment at Encore. Merely setting foot in this palatial spa is enough to put the mind and body at ease.Richard Cummins / Getty Images
- slide 0
- slide 1
- slide 2
- slide 3
- slide 4
Places to See
- Santa Fe Attractions You Should Consider Let Samantha Brown show you this desert city's best restaurant, museum, spa .... Read more...
- 5 Fun Things to Do in Las Vegas Looking for things to do in Las Vegas? Cirque du Soleil, Burger Bar and indoor sky diving top of our list. Read more...
- 6 Must-See Places in Atlanta Traveling to Atlanta soon? Be sure to visit some of Samantha Brown's recommended sights. Read more...
- Making the Most of College Trips Planning a college road trip? Follow this guideline to help your student decide which university to attend. Read more...
- Travel Tips for Mobility Challenged Planning ahead is key for the physically challenged traveler. Read more...
- Thanks — For the Travel Memories No matter where you travel — invariably you will meet people who are eager to help you. Read more...