Meet Samantha Brown
Samantha Brown is a globe-trotter and television host who has visited 220 cities in 49 countries and aims to share the joy of seeing the world. When it comes to travel, her motto is: "If I can do it, you can do it." These days Brown does it with a family. Twins Ellis and Elizabeth were born in January 2013 and were on their first plane at age 2 months.
Brown initially aspired to be an actress and fell into her travel career accidentally; a producer spotted her work in a commercial and recommended her to the Travel Channel, where she spent a decade hosting various series. As AARP travel ambassador, she hopes to share practical tips and cultural insight, and build a community of resources for 50-plus travelers. She also blogs regularly on her website, Samantha-Brown.com. Scroll through the slides to see a few places Samantha Brown recommends visiting.Nathaniel Welch / Redux
With a collection that boasts over 450,000 pieces, Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts is not to be missed. Go on a Wednesday afternoon for reduced admission.Kim Grant / Getty Images
No trip to New York would be complete without seeing the largest art museum in the country. Set aside an afternoon for this one. Or perhaps the whole day.Doug Pearson / Getty Images
For the ultimate indulgence, go for a full body treatment at Encore. Merely setting foot in this palatial spa is enough to put the mind and body at ease.Richard Cummins / Getty Images
- slide 0
- slide 1
- slide 2
- slide 3
- slide 4
Places to See
- 6 Must-See Places in Atlanta Traveling to Atlanta soon? Be sure to visit some of Samantha Brown's recommended sights. Read more...
- 5 Fun Things to Do in Las Vegas Cirque du Soleil, Burger Bar and indoor sky diving are at the top of Samantha Brown's list. Read more...
- Santa Fe Attractions You Should Consider Let Samantha Brown show you this desert city's best restaurant, art museum, spa walking tours and more. Read more...
- Turn Your Smartphone Into a Full-Service Travel Center Mobile apps that take all the trickiness out of travel. Read more...
- How to Plan a Stress-Free Family Vacation Take the whole flock on a fun journey and live to tell the tale. Read more...
- 7 Travel Essentials Learn why Samantha Brown recommends traveling with melatonin, comfy socks and other necessities. Read more...